Wednesday 1 June 2011

E3 Expectations

For gamers, E3 is like a religious holiday, where we see previews and exclusive gameplay of upcoming games, as well as bear witness to announcements and shock and awe moments where new games we hadn't even bet on are suddenly announced.


This is a very good event, that takes place from the 6 June this year. This year, we are destined to see some truly eye-opening material and mind-blowing announcements. First off, there's sequels-a-plenty ready for scrutiny and praise as we see the likes of Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, The Elder Scrolls V, Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3 take to the floor.


We can also expect to see Sony bending over backwards, attempting to earn everyone's forgiveness for their lack of security and subtlety with the PlayStation Network, as well as giving us a few more details about the NGP, including a release date and price.


Also, probably top of the list is Nintendo's proposed announcement of a new console. Too long has the Wii sat in the shadow of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, at last we may see a true Nintendo gaming console, that promises to deliver the power, performance and glorious High Definition output of it's competitors.


To be honest, we are looking at one amazing event over the course of the second week in June, one that gamers are likely to remember for a long while. Personally, I am most looking forward to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, as I have always been a dedicated fan of its predecessor, Oblivion. Also, the prospect of Sony and Microsoft having their arses handed to them by Nintendo is something to salivate over, and if the new console delivers what we are all hoping for, I may well buy one.


I am also intently looking forward to Battlefield 3, as DICE's new tech looks likely to shit all over Modern Warfare 3 and their fair-to-do hype. I am fanatical about real online shooters, and though I commend Call of Duty for its efforts, I know in my heart that I will take great pleasure in DICE showing them how it's really done.


Finally, I simply cannot wait for Mass Effect 3. Again, a series I am a devoted follower of, I am very much looking forward to the final instalment in Bioware's epic sci-fi fantasy adventure, and look forward to further news and some gameplay footage of Mass Effect 3 with great enthusiasm.


That about covers it for what we can expect from E3 2011, which is sure to please all who attend and those that view this wondrous event as it occurs by way of the Internet. Sit back and relax my friends, this one's going to be epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment